|
very vivien |
xoxo, you know you love me
Lead the life you love. Love the life you lead. Disclaimer: some parts might be slightly fluffy
|
Friday, 23 January 2009
6:55 pm
hello everyonejust a short update in case you are wondering am i still alive or something (: Almost a week in Copenhagen and it feels like a year already (nothing bad really but it's just the feeling for me, new environment and everything) I've been growing independent (I feel lah) not by choice but 'cos if I'm not independent here, I'll run out of clothes, money etc. :D Of course, once again the definition of independent would really differ based on person to person (: Independent/ Growing up in my case would mean: All along, the only stuff I ever needed to wash were my hands, now I'm washing everything from my socks, plates, dishes etc. Getting dinner would be a short trip to the mall near my house, or simply a phone call to my parents or my brother. I never cooked anything except maggi mee. At that was like at most 3 times a year. Grocery shopping used to mean seeing whatever I wanted and putting it into the trolley. Now grocery shopping has taken on a new meaning of comparing prices, whipping out calculator and converting it by dividing by 3.67. And since I'm in Copenhagen, with one of the most expensive cities in the world, this often means everything is expensive. Except pasta, milk, mushrooms :D and I've been eating a lot of that. Even apples I have to do the conversion since its like 80cents per apple. Bananas are cheaper though. Sharing the toilet, the stove with 10 other people. (YES, you didn't read wrongly) I have 1 bathroom, 1 washroom, 1 stove (with 4 hotplates to share among TEN PEOPLE). But so far so good, no fights for the toilet yet. Shopping is plain window or browsing. Cos somehow it unknowingly converts to grocery-money. Like I could buy 2 day's groceries if I bought this. I don't need this extra pair of shoes. I rather buy a danish bread than this, which at most I need one. But then again, I must admit this habit of mine might changee when I decide to treat myself on a little shopping trip. Since H&M are having sales and its really reasonable prices. But I want to say I've never felt so poor before in my whole life. Like doing mental conversions of the danish pastry in the window and then thinking, THE PRICE IS MADNESS nvm, I still have pasta at home. The chocolate is horribly overpriced. and WHAT 7 BUCKS for a stack of paper plates? And then walking pass the restaurants and But don't worry viv's okay. (: I'm adjusting and elaborating the situation to you so it might just sound a little more elaborated. I'm not complaining. and if at any point you are thinking "poor viv" This is a good learning process for me and I sort of stumbled into it unknowingly. And this experience is really one of a lifetime's since I've always been a little sheltered kid in Singapore whose parents-send-her-to-school and just about everywhere else. Only when I'm here I really realise my parents used to do everything for me and how other kids are really much more independent. But I guess it's never too late to learn! And ytd night my pasta really tasted good (for someone who's only made pasta 2 times in her life. once at home econs and now) And with the good luck I always have with friends. I've made a few friends here and there. and i believe are friends to stay even when i get back The people I always hang out with is a spanish girl from my Danish Crash course class, my floor mate an Aussie Chinese girl and charmaine from my school. can't wait for more singaporeans to arrive from ntu this sunday. i guess i really should try to interact more with the more international crowd besides those who live on my flooor. but then. somehow the westerners love party, booze, etc. that's not really my hobbies i guess. Ok I guess, so far so good, but there's stuff that I'm missing. Like soya bean milk (weirdly VERY MUCH), economic beehoon :D Please comment if you're reading this okay, at the cbox at the side. Cos it would be good to know who's still reading my blog (: photos maybe another day, gonna prepare for school! |
the girl
vivien is a nus bizader, twentythree and loved by her family and friends. she loves travelling
and taking photos and losing weight. (not necessarily the process) she is generally nice (she thinks!)
a little fluffy. but don't take life too seriously! a little temperamental, a little emotional! (but i'm a girl :))) and sometimes she just talks too much when she's nervous. :D :D chitchat
press refresh after you tag! :D unless you wanna doubletag. i mean refresh is the computer's refresh key! my loves
Zihui loves Jace loves Amelia loves Chewy loves History
June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 September 2011 |